Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trusting a Seven Year Old on a Friday


At 8:30am on Friday morning, my aunt and five year old girl cousin picked me up from my hotel room (I had gotten in late Thursday night and didn't want to wake the kids up when I got to their house). We first went to breakfast and got to talking a little bit, which was nice because I don't get to see them all that much because we live quite a ways away from eachother.

Next, I went to Special Friends' Day with my seven year old cousin. She was really excited (I was too!) I walked into the elementary school, not really knowing what to expect. The morning started off with a concert, the fourth graders through kindergartners singing two songs per class. My cousin is in first grade, so it was really cute to watch her sing and do her little "dance moves" along with her class.

After Special Friends' Day, my seven year old cousin and I went to lunch. Alone. Even though it was only down the street (like 5 blocks!) from where my cousin lived, it was really difficult to trust a seven year old to get me home safely! ;) It's not that I didn't trust her, it's just that, would you trust a seven year old to get you home?! :) Oh well. It was fun and we did get home!

A few hours after lunch, I went to my five year old cousins's pre-school class. My aunt and I read them a story about trash (for Earth Day) and we made little "bugs" out of egg carton pieces.

After pre-school, it was WEDDING TIME! (see previoius post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment