Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Time Flies - But Not Always When You're Having Fun


Time can fly at times.
Or it can decide to go really slow.

I’ve seen both in the past 14 months.

Time can fly, while I’m standing completely still, watching the world zoom on past. This annoys me, because I get behind, I get stressed, and I begin to wonder what I’m going to do to keep up with this swiftness I can’t seem to keep up with.

Time can go really slow, like when you’re waiting to go out with friends, or waiting for a vacation, or even waiting for the school bell to ring at the end of the day. But I tend to feel like time’s tempo is racing, where mine is just walking behind it, trying to keep up.

What if this never changes? What if I’m always struggling to keep up with life, instead of keeping in pace of it, or even being a little ahead? What would happen to me? Would I eventually give up, never trying again to catch up with the madness?

One never knows. I guess I have to just try not to give up; try to get ahead. But with all I’m trying to do, with all that has happened in my family in the past 14 months, this will be difficult. But all I can do is try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment